Clarence the cross eyed wonder!

Giving you all the update you need and want! Clarence, my family dog has been training for about 3 months now to be the next candidate as my service dog. We recently started a training class together in April and have been going every week for the past 3 weeks, and although we already had a bond to begin with we are starting to really work as a team. Before the training class started, Clarence went with one of the trainers, Jess, out for public access and did amazing! The next step moving forward was for me to start working with him more and go out places, which was very nerve wrecking for me. Although I trust him a lot I’m always nervous moving to the next step and being confident. One of the most frequently asked by many people is, "when will you know he is the one for you?". The answer to that question is, I don't really know he will absolutely work for me until otherwise, which can be frustrating. Like I said he's doing amazing as of right now but a couple months from now he could fail out of a test and that's something no one, even the trainers, can predict. He has a ton of potential though and continues to pick up new tasks very quickly, I'm very proud of him!

In other news, as many of you know I now work with Heroes Horses and Hounds with their fundraising. I'm working on drafting a newsletter so people can stay up to date with what the organization is doing! In the newsletter will be a monthly calendar with upcoming events on it, info on the dogs that are being trained in their programs, where the past trained dogs are now, and info about the Farm! If you are interested in getting monthly emails from them please leave your email in the comments! 


talk to you all soon!
Keep spreading some love!

Also feel free to donate to my service pup and our journey together!
http://www.gofundme.com/jaclynlamacchia






Comments