Update and News

Hello everyone! I'm sorry for the overdue and abrupt update on what's going on. It's been a lot of the same things. Right now Clarence and I have just been practice a lot of the tasks we have learned from the trainer trying to perfect them! We try to take him with us whenever we have the opportunity and when I'm feeling comfortable on my own. We have ordered his official handle and I'm super excited to try it out and see how much better he works with it on. We also started using a prong collar on him due to the fact that he just gets so excited and wants to get to places faster than me, which causes much pulling. Although the prong collar looks a little scary, let m,e tell you. As soon as we put it on him he was like a different dog! It was incredible. He still has to have a little reminder every once in a while but he is doing much better with the new collar and I couldn't be more proud!

Another update is that I am getting another surgery tomorrow. at Shriners Hospital. This surgery will be the same surgery that I got last year on my right foot, simply just on my left and a little less extensive. Recovery is said to be 6 weeks non-weight bearing and after that, I will have to wear another brace for some time to make sure everything heals properly. If you didn't know I got surgery last year on my right foot, the surgery I had was to straighten my toes and move a tendon in my foot. This surgery I'm having in September though is just straightening two or three of my toes and that's it! Of course, I'm nervous about it but since this is my fourth surgery at Shriners Hospital, I know what to expect and know enough about all the nurses, so going into it only gets easier. Fingers crossed this is my last surgery!!!!

If you have read my last few posts about the Pups and Pints Fundraiser that will be going on September 30th. I'm asking you to not just look at this as another fundraiser advertisement but instead to look at it as an awesome evening and spending some time to get to know an amazing, selfless organization. Heroes Horses and HOunds have been nothing short from incredible to work with and I want all of you and meet them while having a great night of drinking (responsibly), eating, playing with a bunch of dogs, take part n the fun activities, listen to music, and shop with all the vendors that'll be there! Tickets are $25 for VIP (includes 12pm entry, t-shirt, coozy, sampling mini mug, sampling), $15 ticket (includes 1pm entry, sampling, mini mug), and $10 ticket (includes 1pm entry no sampling). Kids under 5 are free! Remember, it's September 30th at the Hadley Young Men's Center, Hadley MA 12pm- 6pm.
Tickets can be purchased at https://impactflow.com/event/pups-and-pints-8788 

talk to you all soon!
Keep spreading some love!

Also feel free to donate to my service pup and our journey together!
http://www.gofundme.com/jaclynlamacchia

Comments

  1. I got my tickets!! Good luck on your surgery!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment